Runes and more runes!

If it hasn't been said enough I will say it again. I love Runes! Specifically Elder Futhark, they click in my head unlike any other form of divination will ever do. For those that know nothing of them Runes are a tool that can be used to cast magic and also for divination. They are symbols on all kinds of mediums and are cast out, the user reads the runes that are face up based on their proximity to the center you designate and how close they are to each other. That is just one way though, many people use them in spreads just like tarot or draw one rune each day for a forecast if you will. Again it is a tool, the user decides how they are to be read.

In my practice I use this board to help me "recharge" the runes that adorn a bracelet I wear daily. 

This is a set I made for Samhain, it's made out of Pumpkin seeds. 

Last but definitely not least is my buffalo bone set that I use daily. 

I also used runes to add power to my Staff that I carry when I hike and also when I do ritual. The staff as I've mentioned before holds power for me to use and protects me when I wield it.

Runes in a casting. Symbols close to each other affect each other and symbols farther away affect the situation less.

As you can see Runes are multi use. When you learn them you can use them for divination or to see the forces affecting any given situation. You can also adorn other tools of power with them to enhance the tools natural abilities, last but not least you can combine individual runes into Bind-runes!

I use bind-runes almost every single time I cast a spell it is a lock of sorts for my magic to focus on then it sends the force out in a directed way. I may include candles, crystals and even herbs but I almost always have a bind-rune in the center. Every bind-rune I use I document in my Grimoire to be used later.

What follows are four examples of bind-runes that I used on my staff for different purposes.

Communicate with the gods

Pathfinding

Protection for a journey

Druid Staff Power


Now I use the runes in an altered form when I use them for bind-runes for aesthetic reasons. The alternate forms I got from the book, Futhark A Handbook of Rune Magic by Edred Thorsson. I would highly recommend the book to anyone interested in this tool to add to your collection for magic or just for plain divination. The first read through was a little difficult to get through but that was ok because it made the journey through the pages worth it.

My bind-runes tend to take on a similar quality when they are made, I feel like its just a representation of how my mind works. I do have other styles that I tend to use for protection runes.

Protection from negative energy

1 piece out of a set of 4 of home personal injury designs. 
I use rocks for a lot of my home bind-runes. I paint the symbols onto different sized rocks with the color coordinated to the type of magic being cast. White is protection so both of the above where in white.

Blessings of good fortune in green to represent the dollar. 

Communication with the gods, once again. 

In closing you can use Runes for divination and for casting magic by use of bind-runes, your imagination is the only limit to how you use this useful tool gifted to us by the great god Odin.

Comments

Popular Posts